School Direct is a school-led training programme for graduates who want hands-on training in a school. On a school-led training course, you’ll get the chance to learn on the job in at least two schools, learning from experienced colleagues and putting your new skills into practice from day one.
Excalibur’s School Direct courses are designed by our alliance schools in partnership with Bath Spa University and Bristol University, based on the skills we are looking for in a newly qualified teacher. Our School Direct courses last a year and all result in QTS awarded with a PGCE. Trainees will be required to pay tuition fees for these courses (£9,250 in 17/18) but may be eligible for student loans.
We offer training in the following subjects:
- Primary 5-11 (Marlborough hub)
- Biology (both hubs)
- Chemistry (Marlborough hub)
- English (both hubs)
- Geography (both hubs)
- History (Bristol hub)
- Mathematics (Marlborough hub)
- Modern Foreign Languages (Marlborough hub)
- Physical Education (Marlborough hub)
- Physics (Marlborough hub)
- Religious Education (Bristol hub)
Please note that placements may be offered in both hubs across all our schools.