Research & Development
- Research Hub key dates (PDF)
- ResearchED National Conference Reflections 2016 (PDF)
- Long Term Retention
- Research based 10 Top Tips for Revision (PDF)
- Spaced Learning EEF Project
- Latest Summary of Research from our local Research School
Action Research Bursaries
Each year Excalibur TSA promotes school based research projects within its partner schools. The results of these findings are shared across the alliance and beyond.
The aim of our bursaries is to support and encourage the undertaking and sharing of school-based research in Excalibur Teaching School Alliance partner schools.
The 2017/2018 Research Bursary fund, enabling individuals to undertake and complete school-based research projects, is now accepting applications for bursaries of up to £500. Applications are also welcome from school leaders or departments who are looking to develop larger, research based projects as part of a more structured staff development programme. Priority will be given to projects that clearly address an identified school need.
Staff at any Excalibur TSA partner school are invited to email an initial expression of interest (no more than 400 words) outlining the intended research project. Applicants will then be invited for an informal chat to discuss their proposal in more detail, if required.
The deadline for receipt of expressions of interest: Friday 30 June 2017.
Our commitment to successful applicants:
1. Bursary for project resources: books, materials etc.
2. Ongoing support with appropriate expertise as available.
3. Reasonable time to allow completion of planning and writing the report within the scope of the bursary available.
4. Ticket to ResearchEd conference on September 9th 2017.
Your commitment to Excalibur TSA in accepting a bursary:
1. Completion of your school-based action research project in an area of identified school need by Summer 2018.
2. Presentation of your findings at the Excalibur TSA R&D Summer Conference 2018.
3. Publication of your research to staff across the Alliance.
For further information please contact Ben Cobbold: email@example.com.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download this information as a PDF.