Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use
to change the world.
Excalibur Academies Trust is a restless organisation that is always asking the question: how can we improve?
There are clear areas that ensure outstanding schools within a MAT and therefore an outstanding MAT:
- A relentless focus on the quality of teaching and learning
- Strong collaboration across 4-18 with primary and secondary schools sharing excellent practice
- Expert leadership and governance that provides challenge at all levels
- Strong structures and systems that support all schools
- Capacity and affordability built through economies of scale and strong financial oversight
- Outstanding professional development for all within the Trust
- A ‘can do’ attitude, with ambition, strong self belief and confidence
- An entrepreneurial mentality with an instinct for finding opportunities for improvement
- High quality and dedicated staff at all levels
The Trust has a clear strategy in place for how it wishes to develop over the next five years. Staffing structures and operating models will be built up incrementally, to reflect affordability, as we grow. The Trust is continuously building on its already strong central team.
The Excalibur Trust central team provides high quality and cost effective ‘back office’ services for each Trust. Including financial and accountancy support, HR, payroll, estates, CPD, IT support, procurement, project management, communications and governance support. In addition there is access to a strong school support team of NLEs and SLEs within the Excalibur Teaching School Alliance.
The strengths of Excalibur Academies Trust:
- Excellent educational achievement and attainment in all its academies
- Self improving and receptive to feedback
- Broad vision with a common purpose and willingness to influence and lead
- Appetite for empowering and leading change
- Inclusive culture with generosity of spirit, where individuals are valued for who they are and what they may become
- Global learning
- All schools are members of the Teaching School Alliance